Microsoft Excel Level 1 – Office 2016/Office 365
Using a spreadsheet has become a part of a lot of people’s work. But it is also where many struggle due to not having the necessary skills to use it correctly.This 2-day course will give you confidence and skills to use an Excel spreadsheet to enter, change and analyse information necessary to do your job.
You will learn all about Excel’s formulas and functions–how to manipulate both numbers and text, as well as create charts so you can communicate information fluently to your clients and colleagues. Moreover, this course will show you how easy it is to use Excel by completing structured exercises and using data relevant to your work.
This course also prepares you for moving on to the Microsoft Excel Level 2 Course.
Personal Development Unit
MS Excel Level 1
STARTING MICROSOFT EXCEL
- Navigate the Excel User Interface
- Use Excel Commands
- Create and Save a Basic Workbook
- Enter Cell Data
- Use Excel Help
- Create Worksheet Formulas
- Insert Functions
- Reuse Formulas and Functions
MODIFYING A WORKSHEET
- Insert, Delete, and Adjust Cells, Columns, and Rows
- Search for and Replace Data
- Use Proofing and Research Tools
FORMATTING A WORKSHEET
- Apply Text Formats
- Apply Number Formats
- Align Cell Contents
- Apply Styles and Themes
- Apply Basic Conditional Formatting
- Create and Use Templates
- Preview and Print a Workbook
- Set Up the Page Layout
- Configure Headers and Footers
- Manage Worksheets
- Manage Workbook and Worksheet Views
- Manage Workbook Properties
At the end of the course, students will have an opportunity to ask questions.