This is a customized workshop that we have developed based on already existing best practices in Quality Management. It is mostly hands-on, practical and allows attendees to simulate the usage of common quality tools right in the classroom in groups or in individual efforts. It covers such topics as:
Training on control charts, pareto, six sigma, QA, QC
INTRODUCTION TO QUALITY MANAGEMENT
- What is Quality?
- What is Quality Management? And how is it related to Risk Management?
- Describe the five critical improvement concepts
- Pioneers in Quality Management
- Common Quality Management terminologies
- The PDCA cycle, and its relation to projects and operations
- Differentiating between Quality Planning, Quality Assurance & Quality Control
- How is quality planned for? And when? And by whom?
- How much should we spend on quality activities?
- Common tools in planning:
- Cost-benefit analysis
- Cost of quality – marginal analysis
- Process Improvement Planning
- Concept of 6 Sigma and how it is used to correct problems
- Analyzing Flowcharts
- vControl Charts – Tolerance & Control limits
- vDeveloping Cause & Effect Diagrams
- Using Pareto diagrams
- What is “design of Experiments”?
- Scatter Diagrams, correlations
- Using common Quality Assurance tools
- Affinity diagrams
- Process decision program charts (PDPC)
- Interrelationship digraphs
- Tree diagrams
- Prioritization matrices
- Using common Quality Control tools
- Prevention and inspection
- Sampling and probability
- Attribute sampling and variables sampling
- Special causes and random causes
- Tolerances and control limits