Steps to Apply for the RMP® Certification Exam
Step 1 – Complete Certification Prerequisites
PMI RMP certification has prerequisites before you are eligible to apply for the certification. You may find below the credentials required for the RMP® exam.
PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)® Certification Exam
- Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree, or the global equivalent)
- 4,500 hours of project risk management experience
- 40 hours of project risk management education
- Four-year degree (bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent)
- 3,000 hours of project risk management experience
- 30 hours of project risk management education
The 30 hours of project management education may be accomplished by joining our RMP® Exam Prep Courses.
We find it best that you prepare all documents pertaining to the prerequisites for each certification before starting the application process.
Step 2 – Complete Online Application
As it is an online application, you will need to register for MyPMI account at the PMI website. According to PMI, you will need the following information:
- Contact information — email, address, phone number
- Education attained — school attended, level of education attained, degree date
- Domain experience — details of the projects, programs, portfolios you’ve worked on including qualifying hours, dates of employment, role, organization details, reference, and experience summary
- Domain education — names of courses completed, institutions attended, dates, qualifying hours
You may also indicate preferred exam language in the online registration which may be an advantage for you if English is not your native language.
Once you have all the details above and the documents needed, you can start with filling out the online application form. Please note that the account will only be active for 90 days once you’ve started on the application process.
If you have taken our RMP® Exam Prep Course, we will fully assist you with your application.
Step 3- Application Review
Upon submission, PMI will review your application to verify if you are eligible to take the certification exam. Afterwards, an email will be sent to you once they have completed their review within 5-10 days from the date of submission. To ensure the credibility of the certification program and its holders, PMI also conducts audits for a specified percentage of applications that are randomly chosen per certification.
Should you be chosen for the random audit and you have taken our RMP® Exam Prep Course, we will also extend you our assistance in completing the audit process.
Step 4 – Payment and Scheduling
Payment comes after receiving the email of approval from PMI. The best way to make your payment is through their online certification system. After paying, you will then receive an eligibility number that you will use to schedule your appointment.
All PMI certifications are scheduled at any one of Pearson VUE’s worldwide testing sites.
You may refer below to the exam fees for the RMP certification.
|PMI – RMP®||$520||$670|
You may visit PMI.org (PMI link) and download the certification handbooks for further details for RMP® and other PMI certifications.
Applying for PMI-RMP and Registering for the Exam