5S and Kaizen for Process Improvement
This 5S and Kaizen Training, in particular, is a highly engaging and interactive course that ensures better internalization of these 2 process improvement concepts and principles. With this course, participants will get to work through the course rather than just listening for higher retention of concepts and theory. Exercises, practical implementations, and case studies will also be integrated into the course to demonstrate and bring to life the concepts being taught.
Our courses always utilize a combination of practical fun workshops, lectures, case studies, and engaging discussions, group, and individual exercises, all aligned with global best practices, in order to draw the interest of the participants and to have a lasting effect on their related work performance
5S & Kaizen
Personal Development Unit
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Participants will be equipped with the knowledge needed to help their organization adopt the 5S and Kaizen methodology.
- Participants will be able to use 5S and Kaizen concepts for solving real-life problems based on case studies experienced in class.
- Participants will be able to identify, anticipate and work to resolve issues related to the practical implementation of 5S and Kaizen.
- Participants will develop problem-solving skills that can be immediately applied in real-world projects.
Day # 1
Introduction & 5S Overview
- Sort – How to organize the work area
- Set in order – a place for everything, and everything in order
- Shine – the value of having the workplace clean
- Standardize – why and how to get the work done the same way
- Sustain – the 5S in your organization
Day # 2
Planning and Implementing a 5S initiative in the organization
- 5S Best Practices
- The 8 wastes
- Organizing a Kaizen Event
- Walking into the shop floor of the organization
Planning 5S or Kaizen initiative in the workplace
- Individual 5S or Kaizen plan validation
Day # 3
Mentoring of individual 5S and Kaizen initiatives
At the end of the course, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.