Business Analysis Fundamentals
|Duration: 2 days|
|14 PDUs/14 CDUs|
Enquire About This Course
Business Analysis Fundamentals Course
Fundamentals of Business Analysis Course – Training in Dubai & Boston
This course can also be a stepping stool to prepare the attendee to sit for Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) certification exam offered by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA), based out of Toronto, Canada.
What is Business Analysis?
Business analysis is the discipline of identifying business needs and determining solutions to business problems. Solutions often include a systems development component, but may also consist of process improvement, organizational change or strategic planning and policy development. The person who carries out this task is called a business analyst or BA.
Those BA’s who work solely on developing software systems may be called IT Business Analysts, Technical Business Analysts, Online Business Analysts or Systems Analysts.
Business analysis, as a discipline, has a heavy overlap with requirements analysis sometimes also called requirements engineering, but focuses on identifying the changes to an organization that are required for it to achieve strategic goals. These changes include changes to strategies, structures, policies, processes, and information systems.
Training Methodology, Objectives and Key Benefits
This unique course will go over the basic concepts and techniques of business analysis through the use of PowerPoint presentation lectures and active class discussions. Some of the key concepts will be demonstrated during the sessions and will require student participation for enhanced learning experience.
This course will:
- Teach delegates about business analysis in details so they can apply it in their own work.
- Demonstrate the best practices in applying business analysis fundamentals in day-to-day work.
- Provide an opportunity to understand the scope of a business analyst’s duties – useful for senior managers.
Course is presented as PowerPoint presentations that are explained by the instructor, while keeping students engaged via real-life examples and topic discussions. Flip boards and charts will be used to demonstrate key points.
COURSE OUTLINE & AGENDA
Course will be conducted over a period of 2 days, starting from 8:30 AM and ending at 2:30 PM* daily, with allowances for short refreshment breaks, and lunch break. *For in-house courses, timings can be customized by mutual agreement.
Introduction & Business Analysis Key Concepts
- What is Business Analysis?
- Role of the Business Analyst
- What is a Requirement?
- The 4 Types of Requirements
- Who & What are Stakeholders?
Eliciting (collecting) Requirements
- What is Requirement Elicitation (gathering)?
- How to Prepare for Elicitation
- Conducting Elicitation using a Variety of common Techniques
- Confirming and Documenting Elicitation Results
Analyzing Requirements and Designing a Solution
- Specifying and Modeling Requirements using common techniques
- Verifying & Validating Requirements
- Defining Requirements Architecture & Design Options
- Analyzing Potential Value and Recommending a Solution
- Tracing Requirements
- Prioritizing Requirements
- Assessing Requirements Changes
- Approving Requirements
Course Wrap Up & Review
Here, we go over the course key points reminding students about the overall BA life cycle and how they can approach similar initiatives within their jobs.
At the completion of this training program, each attendee will each be awarded an IIBA endorsed Certificate of Attendance for 14 CDU’s and a PMI Endorsed Certificate worth 14 Professional Development Units (PDU’s), which be used towards the hours needed for renewing PMI credentials.
Essentials of business analysis course
|Duration: 2 days|
|14 PDUs/14 CDUs|